To register to Vote in the State of Georgia, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Georgia
- Be at least 17 1/2 years of age (at least 18 years of age to vote)
- Not be serving a sentence for a conviction of felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
You can register to vote at the Peach County Board of Elections and Registration located at the Peach County Courthouse. There are several convenient methods of signing up to vote, including registration by mail and "Motor Voter" registration.
"Motor Voter" registration is offered when you renew or apply for your driver's license.
You can also register to vote online here. (Link redirects to Georgia Secretary of State Website)
Mail-in registration forms are available below or from the Peach County Board of Elections & Registration office, public libraries and Department of Public Safety.
Forms of Identification
Georgia Annotated Code, sections 21-2-417 and 21-3-328, requires identification at polls.
The law states: "Each elector shall present proper identification to a poll worker at or prior to completion of a voter's certificate at any polling place and prior to such person's admission to the enclosed space at such polling place."
When you arrive at your polling place, you will complete a voter's certificate which asks for your name and residence address. You will then present the certificate and proper identification to the poll officials who will verify that you are a registered voter in that precinct by checking the voters list for that precinct. Voters are required to present identification at their polling place prior to casting their ballot. Proper identification shall consist of any one of the following:
- A valid Georgia driver's license, even if expired;
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID;
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state;
- Valid U.S. passport ID;
- Valid U.S. military photo ID;
- Valid tribal photo ID;
NOTE: The "precinct card" you receive to confirm your voter registration and voting location is NOT a form of identification, and it will not be sufficient identification to vote.
If you do not have one of these acceptable forms of ID, a FREE Voter ID Card can be issued by the Board of Elections office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services. More information on Georgia's Voter Identification Requirements and obtaining a free Voter Identification Card is available from the Georgia Secretary of State's Website