The Probate Court of Peach County files, maintains, and issues all birth and death certificates that occurred in Peach County.
Birth certificates are not public record. There are a limited number of people who may apply to receive a certified copy of birth certificate.
- Person listed on birth certificate
- Either natural parent of person on birth certificate (must be listed on birth certificate)
- Adoptive parents of person on birth certificate (adoptive parents names must be listed on birth certificate)
- Grandparents of person on birth certificate
- Siblings of person on birth certificate
- Spouse of person on birth certificate
- You must have a valid picture identification card to obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate.
Death certificates are only issued to applicants having a direct and tangible interest, primarily family members or legal representatives of the family.
The person requesting a certified copy of a death record must provide:
- Driver's License
- State Issued ID Card
- Employee ID Card
- Valid Passport
Fees for Birth and Death Certificates
- $25 for the first copy of a certificate
- $5 each additional copy of a certificate per visit
- Fees are payable by cash, check, or money order.
To Receive Copies by Mail
You may request a birth or death certificate by mail by following these directions:
- Complete a written request with the following information
- Name as it should appear on the birth certificate
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- List your relationship to the person on the birth certificate (i.e. self, mother, father, etc.)
- Number of certificates you are requesting
- Enclose a check or money order for the total amount of certificates you are requesting (fees listed above)
- Provide a copy of identification