Tax Relief for Service Members
Non-resident members of the armed forces temporarily stationed in Georgia as a result of military orders may be exempt from paying ad valorem taxes on certain vehicles.
To exempt ad valorem tax, you must have the following:
- A notarized affidavit (Form PT-471) stating that you are stationed in Georgia which must be submitted to a tag office during each renewal period.
- You must be the titled owner of the vehicle; ad valorem exemption cannot be extended to leased vehicles.
- You cannot claim homestead exemption in Peach County.
- No more than one vehicle jointly-owned with a non-resident spouse may be exempt from ad valorem tax.
- The vehicle must be operated in Georgia 100 percent of the time.