Guardianship of A Minor
This type of guardianship is to become the temporary guardian of a minor's person. You may pick up the appropriate forms from our office.
Temporary Guardianship of a Minor's Person
- The petition must be complete and legible (please type or print with black ink)
- Petitioner must sign the verification page in front of at Notary Public or a Clerk of Probate Court
- Both natural parents are required to either temporarily relinquish their parental rights by signing in their respective section on the petition in front of a notary or clerk or we will have to serve them.
- If the child was not born in Peach County, you will need to bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
- Natural/Biological Parents cannot obtain guardianship. They must file for custody through Superior Court.
The filing fee is $55 and must be paid in full before Letters of Guardianship will be issued.
Guardianship of Minor's Property
This type of guardianship is required for minor children receiving funds more than $5,000 from an inheritance or from a settlement. You will file a petition with the court to become the guardian (net settlement more than $10,000) or file a petition requesting that you not be required to become the guardian (gross amount more than $5,000 net less than $10,000).