The Probate Court of Peach County issues firearms License to all qualified persons who are residents of Peach County.
A license to carry authorizes a person to carry a handgun on or about his person, openly or in certain concealed positions. These include: in a shoulder or waist belt holster, hip grip, or similar device, handbag, purse, attaché case, briefcase, or other closed container.
Requirements –All Applicants
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a resident of Peach County
- A picture identification including applicant’s physical address is required. Other documents to prove domicile in this county may include voter registration, vehicle registration, and or utility bill.
- Military persons must bring a copy of their papers showing they are stationed at RAFB if they have not changed their driver’s license.
- Foreign nationals must bring INS resident card. If you are a naturalized US citizen, you should bring your naturalization papers.
- Applications must be filled out in the office of Probate Court.
- You will have to go to the Sheriff’s Department to get fingerprinted to send to the FBI and GCIC. They are located at 1007 Spruce Street Extension, Fort Valley, Ga. 31030.
- In order to keep you permit current, it will be necessary for you to apply for a new permit every 5 yrs. Please bring your current permit along with your valid driver’s license. Your driver’s license should reflect your correct Peach County address.
- If you have a current Permit, you may come in 90 days before your expiration date or by no later than 30 days after you expiration date to renew your Permit.
- New Applicants: $72.50
- Renewal Applicants: $30.00
- Cash, Money Orders, and Checks are accepted.