You may request absentee ballots as early as 180 days before an election. Absentee ballots may also be requested for the following reasons:
- Physical disability
- Constant caregiver to someone who is physically disabled
- Election Official, who will perform official duties in connection with the Election
- Election Day falls on a religious holiday, which you observe
- Required to be on duty in your place of employment for the protection of the health, life, or safety of the public during the entire time the polls are open
- 75 years of age or older
- Citizen of the United States permanently residing outside the United States and last domiciled in Georgia, not voting in any other state. Allowed to vote for Federal Offices (President, Vice President, US Senator or Representative in Congress)
- Armed Forces or Merchant Marines of the United States, spouse or dependent of the member, residing outside the County.
Ballot request forms are available by clicking here. (opens a new window, please allow popups) Complete, sign, and return the form to:
Peach County Board of Elections & Registration
205 West Church Street
Ft. Valley, Ga. 31030-0853
You may request an absentee ballot by submitting the following information, in writing, to the Board of Elections & Registration Office. Request must include:
- Name of election, date of election (if primary, declare party preference)
- Reason absentee ballot is being requested
- Voter's name and address as registered
- Voter's date of birth
- Mailing address where ballot will be mailed
- Voter's signature (may be signed by specified relative if voter is temporarily out of county or if voter is physically disabled)
- No reason, by mail
After completing the request, please submit to the Peach County Board of Elections & Registration in person, or by fax. You may also email completed, signed forms to Vote@peachcounty.net.
If absentee ballots are available, when appearing in person to request an absentee ballot you must vote within the confines of the Peach County Board of Elections & Registration Office.